If you're building an emergency fund, saving for a big purchase, or getting money together to invest, using an insured savings account option can put you on the right road to meet your savings goals.
Savings & Money Market Accounts
1 Must have primary checking account at The Union Bank Company to open.
2 Limited withdrawals include staff-assisted transactions by telephone, mail or in person. Does not apply to ATM withdrawals.
Christmas Club Account
This is a savings account designed as a convenient, systematic way for you to save money for the holidays or other end of year expenses.
- Account Details: The minimum opening deposit is $5.00. There is no monthly service fee and no minimum balance requirement. We encourage you to set up an automatic deposit from another Union Bank account to help your savings add up faster.
- Interest Earned: This account earns a variable rate of interest. Customers receive an increased interest rate with an automatic deposit from another Union Bank account.
- Account Payout: The Christmas Club account term ends mid-October and the money you've saved will be transferred to your Union Checking Account. If no transfer account has been established, the account will continue to compound.
Health Savings Account (HSA)
With your HSA you, or a participating employer, can put money in to save for future medical expenses.
- Customer Eligibility: Must be covered by a qualifying High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP). Not enrolled in Medicare or any other health insurance. Also cannot be claimed as a dependent on another's tax return.
- Account Details: The minimum opening deposit is $50.00 There is a $25.00 one-time set-up fee. There is a $2.00 monthly service charge, however this monthly fee is waived if you maintain a minimum daily balance of $25,000 in combined deposits with The Union Bank Company.
- Interest Rate: A competitive interest rate is paid on all balances.
- Annual Contribution Limits: Contribution limits depend on Individual or Family Plan, as well as age. These limits may also change from year to year, so please refer to www.irs.gov/pub969 for full contribution details.